Position Title: Administrative Assistant
Reports To: Director of Sales
Overview of Position:
Administrative Assistants provide clerical and administrative support to all sales representatives, sales managers, and sales directors. In addition, they will also support the Inside Sales Coordinator.
- Operates, understands, and monitors truck scale program
- Answers phones in a professional manner, direct calls, or assist the caller
- Determines maximum allowable weight for each truck
- Files, orders office supplies, creates and maintains spreadsheets containing customer data
- General office maintenance; miscellaneous administrative duties as needed
- Works closely with sales staff to gather information from sales system and distribute accordingly
- Ability to gather information from sales system and relay to sales staff
- Maintains detailed records of incoming/outgoing loads that cross the scales and prepares reports as needed
- Maintains work area and equipment in a safe and clean condition at all times
- Greets customers in a professional and polite manner
- Prepares scales for daily use
- Run customer invoices weekly and mail
- Maintain customer invoice history and ticket files
- Must be able to work other scale locations if necessary
- Ability to work the following schedule:
- Monday through Friday: 7 AM – 3 PM (Winter)
- Monday through Friday: 6 AM – 4 PM (Summer)
- Saturdays at the customer’s request
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSA’s ) Required:
- Communication Skills
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers and phones. There will be moderate travel in the U.S. associated with this job.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk and hear. This position requires the ability to occasionally lift office products and supplies, up to 20 pounds. Frequent sitting will be necessary.
Required Education and Experience:
- 2 years in administrative or office manager role
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited college or university preferred
- ArcView GIS preferred or willing to complete training within the first year of employment
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Services LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.