Phoenix is seeking experienced Dispatchers in Gary, IN.
The Dispatchers are responsible for scheduling, coordinating, and arranging the delivery of products in an efficient and timely manner. This facility operates 24 hours each day and 7 days each week, and this will require rotating between days, afternoons, and nights.
- Dispatch serves as the primary contact for slab hauling operations.
- Oversees all communications in relation to slab hauling operations within the steel mill.
- Supervises hourly, union workforce assigned to Dispatch Coordinator.
- Sort and stack slabs of steel according to various sizing and weight requirements using a specialized computer system.
- Directs Slab Hauler Operators to appropriate yard in order to retrieve and relocate sorted stacks of slabs.
- Dispatch continually monitors personnel locations and utilization in order to coordinate services and schedules.
- Confer with customers or supervising personnel in order to address questions, problems, and respond to requests for services or products.
- Track and update current logs and changes that may occur.
- Complete all applicable reports throughout and at the conclusion of the shift.
- Conduct special projects and all other duties as assigned by the Dispatch Manager or Site Manager.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Prefer 2 years of prior work experience in a dispatch role with experience in a support role in an industrial setting is preferred, along with supervisory experience in a dispatch capacity.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office and Outlook.
- Strong ability to communicate, multitask and work in high-pressure situations.
- Ability to work 21-Turn Schedule rotating between days, afternoons, and nights.
- Valid driver’s license and the maintenance of a driving record satisfactory to Phoenix.
- Ability to pass a background check, drug screen, and fitness test.