Position Title: General Manager
Reports To: Director of Operations
Overview of Position:
The General Manager directs operations through a team of functional managers and front-line supervisors. The position ensures increasing levels of customer and employee satisfaction while improving the efficiency of manpower, materials and machines.
1. Manages policy deployment in the areas of operational techniques, quality, cost reduction, complete and on-time delivery, safety, customer satisfaction, employee relations, visual controls and plant performance measures
2. Provides leadership for employee relations and labor relations through effective and respectful communications, coaching, training and development and business partnering
3. Provides leadership for problem resolution to facilitate faster improvements and improved working relationships
4. Manages material requirements to increase inventory turns and reduce levels on hand
5. Ensures compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
6. Balances work cell capacity/loading across the facility
7. Determines operations head count needs and ensures compliance with company policies
8. Ensures compliance with company needs for capital investments and improvement projects
9. Manages compliance with state and federal regulations
10. Maintains ultimate responsibility for the workforce across the shifts
1. Problem Solving/Analysis
2. Business and Leadership Acumen
3. Teamwork Orientation
4. Project Management
5. Communication Proficiency
6. Performance Management
7. Technical Capacity
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. This role also leads and directs the workforce in a heavy industrial setting requiring a sense of high-level safety reverence using the required PPE for the environment.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 25 pounds infrequently.
Required Education and Experience:
1. Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
Preferred Education and Experience:
1. Master’s in business administration or operations
2. 5+ years experience working in the steel, aggregate, and/or mining industries
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.