REPORTS TO: Mill Service Maintenance Manager
Phoenix Services, LLC is a premier Mill services provider with special expertise in Slag Processing Scrap Yards, Transportation (Logistics), and Packaging Services as well as in other sectors involving complex production processes. Phoenix Services, LLC offers marketing-focused slag scrap management, innovative production support, intelligent transport and handling logistics, professional maintenance, customized protective packaging, and technology-driven project management.
Performs a variety of duties in support of the operation of Phoenix Services, LLC. The job consists of providing maintenance services to the Phoenix fleet and related equipment. Responsible to act in accordance with the policies and procedures of Phoenix Services, LLC, and its customers.
- Compliance with all Phoenix Services, LLC Safety Policies & Procedures, including wearing specific Personal Protective Equipment required for various job functions
- Compliance with all Phoenix Services, LLC Standard Operating Procedures
- Attendance at Mandatory monthly Safety Meetings
- Housekeeping and safe handling of materials and equipment must be always exercised
- As the Maintenance Supervisor, you will be accountable to plan, lead and supervise the day-to-day operations of the Maintenance department Planning work schedules and resource deployment
- You will maintain and improve the plant infrastructure by creating the environment for developing winning capabilities in safety, service, and operational excellence
- Develop effective relationships with vendors, contractors, consultants, staff, and employees
- Manage operation within approved budget for controllable costs
- Participate in annual budget process and develop budget within areas of responsibility
- Maintain good personnel relations by explaining company goals and policies
- Troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventive maintenance on all production and facility machinery and equipment and systems as required, to include mechanical, pneumatic, hydraulic, plumbing, and pipe fitting, welding, and metal fabrication. Electrical experience is preferred.
- Utilize a variety of hand tools, testers, and shop power tools to accomplish the above.
- Documentation of all completed work
- Tracking of all parts and lubricant consumed.
- Observing relevant safety, accident prevention and environmental regulations.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent, preferred
- Experience and knowledge with technical equipment and machinery
- Strong aptitude, knowledge of steel mill operations and heavy mobile equipment is required
- Knowledge of scheduling, staffing, and adapting to constant required operational adjustments.
- Focus and concern with employee safety and equipment care, to prevent incidents.
- Responsible leadership, Strong communication skills, Capable of working well with other departments.
- Readiness to work flexible working hours and shift work
- Reliability, enthusiasm, interest in teamwork
- Willingness to adapt to Phoenix Services, LLC’s culture of Customer Relations – always working with our customers in a professional and courteous manner.
- Dependable and able to show up to work when scheduled.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Services LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.