JOB DESCRIPTION: Industrial Maintenance Millwright
Overview: Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, the Industrial Maintenance Millwright is a full-time position, responsible for installing, inspecting, adjusting, and repairing equipment while following safety rules and regulations. You will be required to maintain all equipment to required standards and be responsive to production needs and equipment failures. You work as part of a team but would routinely perform work independently and maintain a high level of accuracy and safety, while performing your duties.
Shift: 12hr. Shift ( Days or Nights )
- Reading diagrams and schematic drawings to determine work procedures.
- Installing stationary industrial machinery and mechanical equipment according to layout plans using hand and power tools
- Inspecting and examining machinery and equipment to detect irregularities and malfunctions
- Adjusting and repairing or replacing defective parts
- Ensuring operating safety devices function properly on completion of repairs, modifications, and installations
- Participating in the PM program on all equipment for continuous improvement of all equipment
- Keeping detailed and accurate maintenance reports and documentation
- Cleaning, lubricating, and performing other routine maintenance work.
- Adhering to workplace safety policies, regulations, and compliances
- Maintaining a clean and environmentally safe work area
- Performing other related duties as assigned Requirements
- Minimum 2 years relevant work experience
- Highly flexible, with solid interpersonal skills allowing one to work effectively in a diverse working environment
- Able to effectively communicate both verbally and in writing
- Working knowledge of safety standards of equipment
- Experience using PLC’s is an asset
- Experience of Mig and Stick welding as well as Cutting Torch Experience
- Ability to work independently without supervision and meet tight deadlines.
- Able to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally always
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Physical ability to lift up to 50 pounds