Position Title: Quality Control Technician
Reports To: Quality Control Manager
Overview of Position:
The Quality Control Technician is responsible for ensuring the products sold to Phoenix customers meet or exceed all relevant specifications by performing a variety of tests at the appropriate intervals. This position will be based out of The Ohio River Valley Area
- Perform gradations, specific gravity, deleterious pick, and unit weight procedures on slag products
- Perform leachate and pH testing on slag products
- Perform Fe percentage determinations on scrap products for sales per mill contracts
- Complete DOT Quality Control documentation in an accurate and timely manner
- Conduct manual and drone inventory surveys
- Conduct yard inspections and maintenance
- Collaborate with Operations personnel to address quality issues
- Work with both Sales and Operations personnel to ensure the production and approval of various products are meeting customer demands
- Attend training and industry events as necessary to maintain certifications and stay current with new technologies, changes in industry standards, and industry trends
- Ensure compliance with company standards for cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety, and complete and on-time delivery
- Strong Problem Solving and Analytical Skills
- Leadership Acumen
- Teamwork Orientation
- Communication Proficiency
- Performance Management
- Technical Capacity
- Thorough and Detail-Oriented
- Must become an FAA Certified UAV Drone Pilot at the earliest opportunity
- Must obtain relevant DOT Aggregate Technician Certifications at the earliest opportunity
This job takes place in a heavy industrial setting requiring a sense of high-level safety reverence using the required PPE for the environment. This job also requires routine use of standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to speak and listen in potentially noisy indoor and outdoor environments. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk on both flat and uneven surfaces; sit; climb stairs; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms. This job requires the employee to lift at least 50 pounds on a regular basis, and up to 75 pounds infrequently.
Required Education and Experience:
- High school diploma
Preferred Education and Experience:
- 3+ years of work experience in a manufacturing or industrial setting
- Associates Degree or higher in a business, technical, or related field
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Phoenix Services LLC provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.