POSITION TITLE: Safety Coordinator
ORGANIZATION: Phoenix Global, LLC (Ghent)
REPORTS TO: Site Safety Manger
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
Responsible for the maintenance of the Health and Safety programs within Phoenix Global facilities. Responsible for new hire site-specific safety orientation, coordination of on-site safety meetings, conducting safety training, supporting incident investigation efforts, conducting and documenting on-site safety audits. Promoting proactive and preventive safety activities by observing, analyzing, encouraging safe work behaviors and correcting unsafe conditions. Ensuring OSHA regulations, safety policies and procedures are being followed. Establishing safety goals, reinforcing safety policies and procedures, monitoring safety metrics, supporting and coaching supervisors and employees. Providing feedback to encourage learning, monitoring safety compliance and creating awareness and setting priorities that focus on continuous improvement.
- Conducts site-specific training for all new employees, conducts safety meetings and attends
safety meetings to improve safety knowledge and network with other safety professionals
- Investigates all incidents, accidents and near-miss to determine root cause and corrective actions are
- Ensures that all occupational illnesses and injuries are recorded according to OSHA standards
- Ensures that all safety programs (lockout/tag out, hazard communication, hearing conservation,
personal protective equipment, etc.) are fully implemented and in compliance
- Conducts audits for safety to ensure compliance during plant construction and operations
- Develops and helps deliver all levels of safety training and orientation for all employees
- Prepares, presents and documents daily safety toolbox talks and monthly safety meetings for site workers
- Observes, identifies and records safety observation, both negative and positive in nature, on a daily
- Develops and implements specific hazard analyses and controls such as confined space entry;
provides support for planned confined space entries; critical lifts, energy control/lock out, fall
- Observes relevant safety, accident prevention and environmental regulations
- Works with management on safety matters and on problem corrections
- Performs any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall site safety operations
- Bachlors degree in Occupation Safety (related field) or minimal experience of 3 years
- Must have progressive safety and health experience in an industrial environment, to include general industry auditing experience.
- Experience in developing Safety and Health procedures; a comprehensive understanding of OSHA
regulations and ability to promote and implement a comprehensive safety and health program.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to conduct accident investigations
- Must have knowledge and experience in both general industry standards and operations OSHA
guidelines and other regulatory standards
- Responsible leadership, ability to organize, lead and motivate; excellent communication skills
(oral and written)
- Well-developed interpersonal skills; ability to get along well with people of diverse backgrounds,
experience, and personalities-tactful-mature-flexible; ability to convey information and ideas in a
variety of media, confident, at all levels, internal and external; thorough and attentive to details; able to
prioritize and multitask; proactive and deadline-oriented
- Ability to identify and resolve problems in a timely manner; develop alternative solutions; work well
in a team problem solving situation; exhibits sound and accurate judgement; supports and explains
reasoning for decisions, includes appropriate team members in decision-making process
- Computer literate and thorough knowledge in MS Office such as Word, Excel, Power Point, and other
- Readiness for flexible working hours; reliability, enthusiasm, interested in teamwork
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORK ENVIRONMENT
The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully preform the essential functions of this job. The employee is regularly required to talk and/or hear; the employee is frequently required to stand and sit; is occasionally required to walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, crawl, walk, sit, bend, stand, talk and hear. Must be able to move heavy loads. Primarily day shift position, however, flexibility to work nights and weekends pending situations.
The work environment characteristics described are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee is frequently exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; occasionally exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals.
The duties listed above are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to the position.