POSITION TITLE: Torch Cutter
REPORTS TO: Site Manager
Phoenix Services, LLC is a premier MILL services provider with special expertise in Slag Processing Scrap Yards, Transportation (Logistics), and Packaging Services as well as in other sectors involving complex production processes. Phoenix Services, LLC offers marketing-focused slag scrap management, innovative production support, intelligent transport and handling logistics, professional maintenance, customized protective packaging, and technology-driven project management.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Cuts, trims, metal objects to dimensions
- Connects hoses from torch to oxygen tank fuel gas tank, like acetylene or propane.
- Selects torch tip, gas pressures, speed of cut, and allows for width of cut.
- Installs torch tip and turns handle to start adjusting pressure of fuel gas.
- Lights torch and adjusts flow of oxygen to obtain desired mixture, as indicated by color size of flame.
- Directs flame on workpiece to heat it to oxidizing temperature.
- Squeeze lever or trigger to release additional jet of oxygen which burns path through metal.
- Guides flame along cutting line, observing cutting to judge angle, distance of torch, and speed of movement.
- Observing relevant safety, accident prevention, and environmental regulations.
- Perform routine inspection and preventive maintenance on assigned equipment and refer defects or repairs to supervisor, clean equipment.
- Maintain and protect all property.
- Maintain all required certifications required by OSHA and company safety programs.
- Provide outstanding customer service operations.
- Perform any other tasks assigned to support and improve the overall team operations.
- High School Diploma or GED
- Vocational training as heavy equipment operator
- Phoenix on-site training as required.
- Ability and willingness to operate trucks and various transportation equipment.
- Able to lift up to 40lbs.
- Results orientated/Strong work ethic.
- Must work flexible hours.
- Reliability, enthusiasm, teamwork
- Well-developed interpersonal skills – ability to get along with diverse personalities.
- Must possess Valid Driver’s License